BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Friendship Games

The past weekend I went down to CSU Fullerton in Socal along with the Filipino club to compete in the Friendship Games. There were about thirty other schools competing and it was prettty fun. We wound up winning first for the games and got this nice trophy.. although I was a sub for one of the game so I didn't feel I contributed at all. But well on Friday we left San Jose at 11:30 when they told me to meet at this certain spot at 10:15 so they can leave at 10:30 sharp. faiil. I was somewhat upset cause they made me skip my class on Friday just so I could stand around and wait for the cars to show up. Well the ride there was somewhat smooth. I rode with Titus and some other people I just met. If it weren't for Titus the ride would have been boring so I'm glad I got to ride along with someone I knew. We got there around 8pm and the schedule was to have a meeting at 12am. sleep for 2 hours. wake up and head to Fullerton State at 3am. The registration process was supposed to start at 3 but did not start until 5:30am. And on top of that we were driving aimlessly to different parking lots since we didn't know which one it was. And we took about 150 people so about 20 cars in a line drove around the college looking for the lot. We found the right lot around 4:30 and lined up to register. The morning was freezing and it was a painful wait standing in the cold.

During the games there is a thing called SPUF. spirit, something, something, and friendship. well basically schools compete for the SPUF trophy by being enthusiastic and unified while cheering. So throughout the whole day schools were shouting cheers to one another such as: FRIENDSHIP FRIENDSHIP FRIENDSHIP. I did not expect so much happiness around me.. it was kinda scary and annoying at the same time yet fun. After the games there was an after party to go to but yeahh lalala. After that on Sunday we drove back stopping at hometown buffet, which wasn't bad, and got back to San Jose. Yes I did miss a lot of details throughout the trip but its not worth talking about.

Today is Tuesday and I have another 1500 word 1st draft essay due Thursday along with a Math exam. I can't wait until the Halloween weekend so I can go and treat my home sickness. But I know the weekends fly by so fast so I shall appreciate as much of it as possible. Oh and me and my friends have started a new blog which should be in the side link. We are going to start making movies and we named ourselves Juicebox Productions. Honestly I don't really like the name of it but you should have seen the other names we came up with.. Well I think I'll get used to the name, but for now check out the blog and feel free to comment on our non existing movies.

0 comments: