BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Weakend

Hahaha I read Jason's xanga and it was quite entertaining. Props to him for that

This weekend I stayed here at San Jose because I had this class on Saturday and Sunday. It is a speed reading class and its 3 hours long. I would say that the class is pretty much pointless except for the one technique they told us to use which is called "long smooth underline" Basically you just use your hand to guide yourself while reading. It does help since I increased my reading from 220 words per minute to 320 words per minute. They say that we're going to increase our reading speed by double. The thing is that the class feels like a high school class while there are adults in the class.. Seems rather childish to have us read and talk to our neighbor about the reading every time. Well I did pay for this class so that's my main motivation to go next weekend. The book we're reading is non fiction piece about a boy named Dibs. His parents think he's mentally retarded but he's just emotionally ill. And this psychologist, who is also the author, helps him get through and he is now able to act normally. If your major is psychology I highly recommend this book. It's also just an interesting book to read. You don't see me recommending books too often so this must mean that the book is good... then again I haven't read a whole book since green eggs and ham.. which I also recommend.

Evan, Lindsay, and Tiffany Dun visited me and Nina on saturday. It was cool to see them once more before they start college. We hung around the empty campus and did a whole lot of nothing really. Well they did watch me do my laundry which had to be very exciting. Later at night they went clubbing while I, being the cool cat that I am, stayed in my dorm and went online. However I have been attempting to skateboard lately with my roommate's skateboard. (and yes I have changed subjects abruptly) It's actually not too hard to learn and I plan on getting a board when I go back to the city. This also makes me want to play the drums more, living that skateboarder lifestyle. Well on Friday, my friend (won't mention names) and I used my roommate's skateboard to learn for the first time. Well I somewhat knew how to ride but im still pretty noob at it. Anyways my friend got on the skateboard and ended up on the ground. It was pretty funny to watch and even funnier the second time he fell. It was like in slow motion how he fell back as the skateboard went forward. Although I did eat the cement pretty hard so I shouldn't be laughing.. hahaha but still it was pretty funny..

Other than that weekends here are pretty dull. It's like a ghost town. Then again it is peaceful.. I would rather be at home though. There's nothing like using the computer at home. I do have some plans when I go home next next week. Firstly I plan to get a skateboard and stuff like that. Secondly I'm going to get my running shoes and track spikes cause I want to run again. My friend Tommy said that the San Jose State's club track team has about 20 people on it and that its not too hard. I just wanna run around a little bit.

-this just in- my roommate just brought in a 40" plasma screen. I think San Jose has just gotten a bit better now. helloooo guitar heroooo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got an unused skateboard or two lying around somewhere if you need one. Or actually it might have been sold in a garage sale or something. But if it wasn't I'll give it to you haha.

Matt said...

ohh sweet thanks. haha that'll be awesomee