BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Farewell Sea Lions

Only about a week left until school again but I'm somewhat excited. I have 2 hard classes and 3 easy classes so I guess it balances out. One of those classes is a beginners volleyball class which I'm looking forward to. P.E. classes in general are hard to get so I'm glad I got volleyball which I have at least a little experience in. But I also have to take differential equations which I heard is pretty tough. My friend said that he was so happy when he got a D- HAha ah man, it can't get any worse than that. He also said that you never apply it in engineering so that's good to know. Actually a lot of math and physics theories are never applied but still necessary for engineering majors. I still wonder if I really want to major in this or if it's because I just wanna meet Mr. Benjamin Franklin, many many times. Then again I can't really imagine myself majoring in anything else except maybe in business or aviation. But for now engineering is just fine.

On Thursday I plan to take a small trip to UC Irvine to visit some friends. I'm looking forward to that. Although there has been quite a storm arising in S.F. I heard that there were tornado warnings in SoCal as well. Oh speaking of not so pleasant news, the sea lions have gone missing! Yes it's old news but still big news! The many sea lions that once roamed Fisherman's Wharf freely, until recently, have vanished. (Actually I heard they're headed towards Oregon.) But what is interesting is that there is a rumor that the sea lions also departed before in 1989. And now with the disaster in Haiti, it all makes sense! Even though Haiti is no where near the pier.. Now that they're gone, we are more vulnerable to earthquakes than ever! What's even worse is that they're gone, maybe about 20 remain which are probably the rejects of the colony. But those smelly giant slugs with whiskers are practically San Francisco's mascots. Tourists from all over the world come here to admire their elegance and beauty. Now it's all up to the Bush Man to keep our tourists entertained.

0 comments: