BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Starting Second Year

This is the first week of school and it is going pretty good. I'm rooming with my asian roommate from last year and a high school friend at an apartment this year. The apartment is pretty nice but the only bad thing is that it's about a 15 minute walk from SJSU. There is a bus but it doesn't come too frequently.. And this doesn't help the fact that I have 8:30am and 8:00am classes. I'm not too sure if many of you have heard, but there have been some major budget cuts in California. SJSU, along with other CSU schools, has been pretty screwed over by this. I feel lucky that I got 15 units but the times of these classes are pretty bad. Along with the budget cuts, professors are supposed to have furlough days meaning no class. I'm surprised at myself that I wasn't rejoicing because I need all the help I can get in my physics and calculus 3 class. Hopefully it'll all work out.

Today in my lab for my mechanical engineering class, we were assigned to draw different shapes using AutoCAD. It sounded really complicated but I think it was just because the TA had a strong Indian accent and that I sat in the back and couldn't hear him. So during his instructions, people in the back were just talking amongst themselves trying to figure it out on their own. The class seemed pretty interesting and surprisingly there were girls in the class. It's pretty rare to find girls in the science/engineering classes but yeah. Tomorrow is going to be my film class and I'm really looking forward to that.. Well hope the year is a good one

0 comments: